This is not a drill (or, should we say, a trap!) — if you are an avid Star Wars fan and are looking to work in the communications field, Disney has just posted a job listing that could be perfect for you!
Disney Careers has just published a job listing for a Social Media Manager for Star Wars. The listing states that applicants must lead a team to strategize and program across all social media platforms as well as have extensive Star Wars knowledge to execute social content and campaigns.
Related: Interview: “How do I become a Disney Imagineer?” with Disney Artist Don Carson
The official job summary for this position reads:
The Social Media Marketing team is responsible for overseeing over 400+ handles across multiple brands (Disney, Pixar, Star Wars, 20th Century), franchises and films (Disney Princess, Mickey & Friends, Frozen, Apes, Predators, Aliens), and brand voices (Oh My Disney, Disney Family, Disney Style) for the Direct-to-Consumer & International (DTCI) segment.
The Social Media Manager for Star Wars is responsible for planning, management, coordination and execution across all official Star Wars social media channels. This role will maintain the integrity of franchise social content while managing a Social Media Strategist, and will work together to innovate and stay ahead of trends. Additionally, this Social Media Manager will work across many teams, including but not limited to the Central Marketing Group, Lucasfilm Online and Video Team, as well as all multiple stakeholders and business partners across the company.
If you are wondering what the responsibilities would be, Disney states that you must be a team leader, have extensive knowledge of Star Wars, and execute social media campaigns. The official responsibilities for this Social Media Manager position read:
- Manage a Social Engagement Strategist and lead team to strategize and program across all social media platforms, working with platform partners to develop and maintain best-in-class content calendars and identify new products and emerging trends to engage existing and new audiences for Star Wars.
- With extensive Star Wars knowledge and expertise, the social media manager will ideate and execute social content and campaigns as well as collaborate with teams across the company to identify creative solutions to support marketing and promotional needs for key priorities. Additionally, work with franchise and brand stakeholders to ensure all content is vetted by TWDC Diversity + Inclusion Team and pertinent BERGs (Business Employee Resource Groups).
- Lead exploration and expansion into new and emerging platforms, as well as best in class fan engagement campaigns, community management tactics, and social coverage of live events.
- Serve as the main domestic point of contact for Star Wars International Social Teams and share out regular performance and data reports to ensure consistent alignment and marketing strategies across the brand globally.
Before you apply for the Social Media Manager position, make sure that you have the basic qualifications, including 3-4 years of management experience, 4 years of social media marketing experience, excellent writing and editing skills, and more. The basic qualifications that applicants must have in order to be considered include:
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years of experience in a management role and/or similar function leading high-priority Brand projects with multiple key stakeholders and direct report(s).
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in social media marketing, leading strategy for platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat, etc. with familiarity on social publishing platforms (e.g., Sprinklr, native posting, etc.)
- Excellent writing and editing skills with the ability to align creative strategy with overall business objectives.
- Meticulously organized and excellent time management skills to able to manage multiple projects at once, with a demonstrated ability to champion projects from concept to completion and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills to work across many teams and stakeholders, with an innate ability to work both respectfully and nimbly across a larger organization.
- Proven experience developing brand-safe judgment and serving as a brand steward, with high degrees of confidentiality and trust.
- Passion, appreciation, and knowledge of Lucasfilm IP (i.e. Star Wars, Indiana Jones) is absolutely essential, as well as a highly creative mind and a passion for storytelling.
If you are looking for additional information, or to apply, visit Disney’s official website here.
Related: Attractions, Custodial Staff in One WDW Union Keep Jobs
Will you be applying for the Social Media Manager position? Let us know in the comments below and May the Force Be With You!